Sunday, June 8, 2014

6/8/2014

Don't quite know what to make of today. Today once meant something; today would be a day to look forward to. Now it only feels ordinary with all the fake smiles and inner-sulking of a defeated protagonist. I tried holding on to all the beautiful memories, but I can't help but feel like it all dangles on some thin thread. I expected a phone call from you, at least to ask me how I've been. I woke up at 3AM waiting. I couldn't sleep, you keep me up in my dreams with all the things we could have done over the span of five years. I'm not sleeping tonight because you won't leave my mind. I'm not sleeping tonight because I'll hold on to this day as long as I can; so that I may not miss your call, so that I may be there when the truth comes out. Until then I'll fight the urge of nicotine numbness and alcoholic squander. It'll chip the dam but it won't break it. Don't keep me waiting for too long, it's always too long.

Playlist

  1. Death of Lovers - Shaken
  2. The XX - Shelter
  3. The Cure - Love Song
  4. City and Colour - Coming Home
  5. Daughter - Youth
  6. Cold Cave - Underworld USA
  7. City and Colour - The Girl 
  8. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
  9. Nothing - Downward Years to Come
  10. We Are Trees - Sunrise Sunset
  11. City and Colour - The Harm and the Hurry
  12. Chelsea Wolfe - Sunstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment